Wednesday 30 April 2014

Do they test this shit at all?!

I am trying to do one of the assessment tasks in my study material and it is asking me to make a mind map. Unfortunately, the information it asks for is really beyond the scope a mind map can reasonably cover. I have started over multiple times to try and incorporate all information requested, but it's imposable.

This is not the first time I have been faced with the maddening improbability of completing a task before me. I seriously doubt that content of this course has ever been tested. Also, the editing in many of the books has been nasty! So many spelling, grammar and syntax mistakes. Words missing! Pieces of text that don't belong! Were they not paying attention? Did they not think that someone doing a writing and editing course would not notice these, often simple, mistakes?

I am seriously PISSED OFF at the moment! But it's not just the improbability of completing tasks and poor editing of the study material that has me fired up - this entire course has been one massive mess! I won't go into detail about the other shit ... I've told enough people the rest of this madness.

The only thing that has gone right for me - ever - would be my son. Everything else has been hell. Is it any wonder to anyone that I have an insistent itch to destroy everything? Bah, who am I kidding? Who really cares? And who doesn't get the need to punch everyone in the face every now and then? Don't worry, I have never acted on that particular need - although I do occasionally indulge in destruction ... of my own property. Usually a journal or blog, and today I had a go at my current text book. Don't worry, it's still usable, just a little worse for wear.

Ok ... I'm starting to feel a little better, still pissed off, but calmer now. But hey, being angry is better than being comatose.

Well, I'm going to attempt to smooth out some of the wrinkles of the study text.

PsychoScissors

4 comments:

  1. I find splitting wood very therapeutic. I have about 10 years supply, all split and stacked. When l run out of wood l dig holes, then buy trees to plant in them. I also have a lot of trees.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Chopping weeds can be a relief. Name them for the things that are really annoying then chop them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Psychoscissors. Sometimes a qualification just shows that you have the persistence to perform a lot of mindless tasks. Some things haven't changed since the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete