Tuesday 22 April 2014

Back to School ... and other randoms.

So today the chook has gone back to school, which means I am back at my desk doing my utmost to study. A few days ago he said he was excited to go back to school and see his friends again, but yesterday he was whinging that he didn't want to go back because he didn't want to do work. Despite this he seemed very happy this morning.

His school has also changed it's start time, so I had fun this morning trying to remember that I needed to leave 15 minutes earlier. He couldn't find his little bow and arrow this morning. He really wanted to show everyone at school, so I helped him look, nearly making us late in the process.


Last week my washing machine ceased operating. The locking mechanism for the door chucked a hissy-fit - *click, click, click*, then silence. I went online and found that over the last year many others have had issues with this model, the biggest being circuit board failure and door lock failing/melting, and the manufacturer was not being very helpful. So, I was understandably freaking out.

I purchased it 2 years and 6 months ago, so 6 months out of manufacturers warranty. Joy. I knew that the laws had been changed to cover expected life of an appliance, a washing machine is expected to last 5 years before breakdown. Although I knew this, I also knew I would have difficulty dealing with them. At my mother's suggestion I went and spoke to the manager (possibly owner) of the store I purchased it from. He organised to have a repairman out and to wrangle the manufacturer for me! So now my machine works once again - and so it should! When you spend that sort of money on something it shouldn't fail so soon.


I have wanted to get/make a nice utility belt for everyday use for some time now, to use in place of a handbag. A few weeks ago I purchased one from Ishka. It is black suede and very utilitarian, so definitely something you could use everyday, but also looked nice. Unfortunately, I apparently do NOT have the hips for it and it is too stiff, so the pockets end up being useless too me and it sits awkwardly. At least I didn't pay full price.

I am now looking at making my own from fabric for flexibility. I have found many images of ones I like online, but most would not be very useful on a day to day basis or only go with a few outfits. I think I am going to have to design my own, but it will probably take me some time - my list of things to do grows exponentially everyday! Oh, well, another of my ideas assigned to the scrap heap.

That's all from me for now.
PsychoScissors out.

5 comments:

  1. There is some kind of law that appliances will fail at the worst possible time. Glad you were able to get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sure fire way to have my appliances fixed. 1) call someone to take a look at my appliance (preferably someone who will charge a fee for just showing up) 2) have this person come to my house and turn on the appliance 3) the appliance now magically works and I look like an idiot (even though they didn't do anything that I hadn't tried a million times before calling them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering whether the chook has an extra 15mins of school now that it is Term 2 or whether you get to pick him up earlier too. I drove past his school on the weekend. It looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he is picked up 15 mins earlier. Makes it easier to get home now - traffic from a high school starts at my old return time - no more being run off the road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the saying "murphy's law" and reckon appliances live by that....Just back from a week away to blogging again myself. ☺

    ReplyDelete