Friday 24 April 2015

So...

On my whiteboard next to my calendar, for Wednesday I had written in that I would post to this blog. Completely forgot until I was getting into bed, thinking 'Oh, well, there is always tomorrow'. I didn't even think about it yesterday, but today I am here - better late than never?

I was having a read of some of my older posts and noticed that I had mentioned my Doctor Who scarf. Completing the scarf is one of my bucket list items! I am nearly halfway through making it. In the older post I mentioned not knowing if I would use single or half-double crochet and if I would make it 8" or 12" wide ... I decided to make it the wide version (it ended up 11.5", close enough) in half-double crochet. To figure out if I could do it without using up all of the hand dyed yellow I crocheted 10 rows and weighed it, divided the weight by 10 to get the weight per row, calculated how many rows I would need to complete the yellow stripes, then multiplied row count by row weight ... LOL. I had plenty!

Speaking of BBC ... I am now obsessed with Sherlock! After avoiding watching it for so long because I knew I would become addicted (just like a few other TV shows I am avoiding ... I have enough obsessions!) I finally borrowed the first season from a friend. As soon as I had finished watching the first episode I jumped online and ordered all three series! A few weeks later I had also purchased a Sherlock jacket and set of mugs from the UK ... I'm screwed!

I need to head off now, I'm helping out with tuck shop at The Chooks school.

PsychoScissors out.

P.S. I forgot about this lame poem I had to write for my poetry unit:


It was an exercise I had to do which required putting 100 words in a container, pulling them out and creating a poem.

Deplorable
You go further than a demiurge,
Amorphous plebeian.
Grand in your prideful ways,
Your intention notorious.

You're a meticulous juggernaut
Of compiled avarice.
Oh, tantalising travesty,
Graffiti with abandon!

You behave like a cloistered cat,
Bedevilled and deluded!
Betwixt the infidel and blade,
An apt finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment